Saturday, October 25

soouuuth'rn parmesan chicken

This little dish holds a near and dear place in my heart because, after the Ziti, it was the first married dish I made that Taylor RAVED about and said was his favorite. This one is Paula Dean inspired so get ready for butta.

Souuth'rn Parmesan Chicken
INGREDIENTS
1 to 1.5 lb. chicken tenders (about 8)
2 cups parmesan cheese (I tried fresh grated last night and it was great!)
1 T. fresh thyme
1 t. garlic powder
1 T. cracked pepper
1 c. fine bread crumbs
butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 c. flour
DIRECTIONS
Season chicken with pepper and pound to even thickness. Combine bread crumbs, spices, herbs and cheese in shallow bowl. For each tender: coat in flour, dredge in beaten egg and coat with bread crumb mixture. Heat 2 T. butter in skillet on medium heat (4 on my stove :). Cook tenders, about 4 minutes on each side or until coating is dark and crispy. I served this with spaghetti last night. It makes a huge mess, but is pretty quick, very easy and nice and crispy goodness. I've seen recipes calling for cooking this in EVOO but the butter has the best result. Also, I use tenders because they are thin enough too cook through while the coating is getting crispy. When done with breasts, at least in my amature cooking experience, you have to cover the skillet and actually "cook" them and then the coating gets mushy.

This is one of our favorite dishes but sorry, no pic yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment