Friday, October 24

ooey gooey cream cheese appetizer

So I made this with my friend, Erin, and we used brie. I figured it would still be good (and significantly cheaper) if I attempted it with cream cheese to take to my Women's Wine and Cheese night at church. In all honesty, I think my excitement about making this was my real reason for going. I think I would ball up the cream cheese next time and not use so much of the crescent roll pack just because the edges, where it was all bunched up, cooled to be really crispy and not as easy to serve and spread. So probably just enough dough to cover it all and then a little pinching on the top.

Cream Cheese Chipotle Appetizer
INGREDIENTS
8 oz Crescent roll pack
8 oz Cream cheese
1 beaten egg
wheat thins
Chipotle Raspberry Salad Dressing/Marinade
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350. lay the dough out flat and enclose the cream cheese brick in it by folding up the sides and pinching together. Brush with the egg and bake for 15-18 min. Cover in the dressing once cooled and ready to serve. Serve with wheat thins or similar.

Central Market makes a great marinade that's about half the price of some kind of popular Chipotle Raspberry Dressing. I thought using CM's marinade was great! Also, I baked this on my great little Wilton Armetale oval platter that is pretty and oven safe. Brilliant invention. It wasn't hard to scoop off using a spatula though, so it can be served pretty if you don't have WA lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment