Friday, October 24

epic pesto feta stuffed chicken

I have to pat myself on the back for this one because Taylor and I both agreed that it turned out well. All the recipes I found, mostly on Epicurious which, by the way, I think is the most brilliant name EVER. Epicurean meaning gourmet, full, yummy, delish...but epicurious to me seems to be derived from epi- mean like always, maybe, am I making this up...some latin root? and then curious! like, always curious... how to make more good food! I mean, maybe I'm pulling this out of nowhere but surely their marketing people had these punnesque intentions.
Anyway back to the pesto. Here's what I did.

Pesto Feta Stuffed Chicken
INGREDIENTS
6 Chicken breast halves, with an incision cut for stuffing
4-6oz or one tub crumbled feta cheese
3 generous T.s of pesto
1/2 c. diced cherry tomatoes
2 T. fresh thyme
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 and line baking dish with foil. Season the breasts with kosher salt and ground pepper and tenderize until even in thickness. Mix together pesto, thyme and feta in microwave-safe bowl and heat about a minute. Stir in tomatoes. Set aside. Heat oil in skillet on medium high heat. Cook each side of each breast about a minute, or until white and slightly browned. Place in baking dish. Stuff each breast with the pesto mixture and use toothpicks to keep them together if needed. Pile a bit of the mixture on top of each breast-half as well.

Bake for around 15 minutes.

This was SO good with my roasted veggies and I was proud of myself for making something that was not only good, but healthy. Thus far I've been doing well making great tasting, not-so-healthy things....

No comments:

Post a Comment