Sunday, January 13

Maple Almond Granola

I love granola, and when I received Peace Meals for Christmas, the recipe for peanut butter granola caught my eye. Granola is too good because it typically is healthy oats coated in loads of sugar and oils. I was intrigued that this recipe used all peanut butter as an efficient-protein packed oil. As I researched more recipes online, I ended up opting for an almond and maple twist on a peanut butter and honey granola recipe I found online. Next time, I will try it with all almond butter and no olive oil. Next time I make peanut butter, I'll certainly be trying the original peanut butter and honey version.




MAPLE ALMOND GRANOLA

adapted from eat sleep cuddle {photo cred} and Peace Meals
{ingredients}
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
3/4 cup wheat germ or wheat bran
1/2 tsp sea salt

1 tsp cinnamon1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup maple syrup

1/4 cup honey1/4 cup [fresh/all natural] almond butter {make your own with a food processor!}
1/2 tsp vanilla

--
 1 1/4 c raisins
maple syrup
cinnamon
{directions}
Mix together dry ingredients, then add wet and mix together. Spread out on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes (it will get golden brown around the edges).  While it's baking, toss raisins with a few shakes of maple syrup and cinnamon. Once granola is finished, let cool completely, until the granola has set. Break up gently and combine with raisins in a bowl or jar with tight fitting lid. 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so scrumptious! I am definitely going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome recipe and i like it. Thanks for sharing... I want you to visit the link below to get some useful info like sky customer service number

    ReplyDelete