Tuesday, January 11

blackberry fage

Operation Clean Out Freezer and Pantry is in full force.

After the pasta frozen fruit is next on the hit list. I have frozen cranberries, peaches, blackberries and strawberries. Since this stuff isn't in season anyway, now is a great time to start using it!

{blackberry yogurt}
heaping 1/2 c. frozen blackberries
1 c. greek yogurt
2 T. granola (or Grape Nuts - if you're in OCOF&P)
2 t. honey

Heat blackberries in a coffee mug for 1-2 minutes in the microwave until thawed. To thawed berries (and resulting liquid that I kept for sweetness) mix yogurt, granola & honey.

2 comments:

  1. I love Fage with a bunch of fruit!! Today I tried putting my frozen strawberries directly in the container with some other fruit and fage and took it to school. By lunch time they were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great! I have yet to try Fage; but this is my kind of breakfast, light lunch, snack! Great idea "plc" had, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete